What is needed for a notarization or notarial act?


Acceptable forms of Identification in California follow:

  • ID card or driver's license issued by the CA Department of Motor Vehicles.

  • Inmate ID card issued by the CA dept. of Corrections&Rehabilitation (inmates in custody in prison only)

  • Any form of inmate ID issued by a sheriff's department (inmates in custody at a local detention facility only)

  • Passport issued by a foreign government

  • ID card issued by another U.S. state

  • Driver's license issue by an authorized Canadian or Mexican public agency.

  • U.S. Military ID with photograph, physical description, signature, & serial number.

  • ID card issued by a federally recognized tribal government.

  • No ID? Bring a mutually known credible witness or 2, with any of the acceptable forms of ID listed above!

Image by Scott Graham